Please contact Sarah Chidlow directly if you are interested in this post – email@example.com
Position: Senior Researcher
Part Time Post: Flexible (TBC)
Salary: TBC following discussion
The Ministry of Justice has awarded Legal Geek and our delivery partner, CodeBase, a grant to promote lawtech over two years from April 2023 to March 2025. Part of the Grant Delivery Plan will involve creating a map of the lawtech ecosystem in the UK which will be published on the LawtechUK website.
The map will include a categorisation of the lawtech businesses and be supported by a report, which will be published, to identify opportunities (gaps in the market) and highlight issues (e.g. founder diversity). There will be a focus on key areas such as unmet legal needs and founder diversity, with core objectives rooted in improving ecosystem development and connectivity.
We are looking for a Senior Researcher to undertake research activities that will support:
- The creation of a database of UK trading lawtech businesses.
- The creation of a system for categorising the businesses.
The research will include startups, scaleups and corporates, with each business profile to encompass a range of information; from focus area (e.g. law firms) to company size. The Senior Researcher will work alongside the Specialist Consultant on the Project and operate in this research role for Legal Geek.
Attributes we’re looking for:
- Relevant legal, lawtech, research or tech experience.
- Report-writing – showcasing research finding and creating report-ready data visuals.
- Experience researching and data collating within a lawtech environment.
- Knowledgeable and confident in consolidating large datasets using Google Workspace and Crunchbase.
- Tech-savvy and quick to learn new systems
- Strong accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter and highly motivated
At Legal Geek, we operate a hybrid model of working, but the Senior Researcher will be home-based and work as a contracted freelancer until 27th October 2023 (could possibly be extended). We have an office in central London (Liverpool Street) they are welcome to work from, if preferred.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 27th October 2023 – with possibility of extension
The expectation is that the Senior Researcher will dedicate around 10 hours per week on this project and will time-log accordingly.